Tuesday, December 12, 2006

In Other Words - The Atmosphere

"I am the one holding the keys to the atmosphere in my home."
Teri Maxwell

It's fun to hold the keys...at least that's what my Boo thinks. He knows the importance and symbolism for holding the keys. We are either going somewhere or coming home from somewhere, but there is great importance in having them if you are driving your car or trying to get into your house. So, you could say the price of holding the keys is, well, valuable.

The atmosphere in my own home is equally as valuable. The way we talk to one another. The way we discipline. The way we help each other. These are all very valuable things and can easily be distorted and torn down if not taken seriously. I woudn't say it's so much ALL of my job or responsibility to keep peace in our home, but I do play a vital role. My tone of voice, the way I speak to my husband, the way I hold my tongue...all of these things are addressed in the Bible (see Psalms, Proverbs, James), so God thinks they are of exceptional importance.

Women, as emotionally created beings that God so designed us to be...we can sometimes allow the emotions to control the atmosphere of our home. I want the emotions of joy, peace, and love to be the sweet fragrance that people see and smell and taste, but it's the other emotions of anger, bitterness, and chaos...those are the emotions I want no one to get a whiff of. This statement catapults me into a relationship with Jesus Christ. Apart from Him, I can do nothing (John 15:5). Apart from Him, I can't experience TRUE joy, TRUE peace, and TRUE love, which only comes from God above.

Father- may the atmosphere of my home be found pleasing in your sight.

--Karen

5 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

That prayer is one I need to repeat often, so the atmosphere in my home would be pleasing to God, and thus pleasing my family.

Christine said...

I love that analogy of your son holding the keys, mine does the same. Thanks for participating, and I love the pics you posted!

Amydeanne said...

lol my babies sure know the "power" of holding the keys! Good point! Thanks for pointing that out!

Betty's Loosing Race said...

I found your site through Family-Friendly blogroll. Thought I would stop by and say hello.

The atomoshere in my home is one area the Lord is convicting me and an area I'm working on.

I also saw on your blog that you live in the Atlanta area and must be a Chicago Cubs fan (since you have their link on your site). I also live in the Atlanta area and my husband is a big Chicago Cubs fan, which makes me a Cub fan. You don't find to many in this area.

You are welcome to visit my site anytime.

~Betty~

oakleyses said...

soccer jerseys, mac cosmetics, reebok outlet, vans outlet, valentino shoes, hollister, herve leger, nike air max, lancel, instyler, hollister clothing, north face outlet, nike roshe run, nike air max, ferragamo shoes, hollister, converse outlet, ray ban, jimmy choo outlet, longchamp uk, ralph lauren, iphone cases, bottega veneta, p90x workout, converse, nfl jerseys, gucci, babyliss, chi flat iron, insanity workout, mcm handbags, vans, soccer shoes, new balance shoes, oakley, hermes belt, timberland boots, baseball bats, wedding dresses, louboutin, celine handbags, ghd hair, asics running shoes, abercrombie and fitch, lululemon, nike trainers uk, nike huaraches, mont blanc pens, beats by dre, north face outlet