Tuesday, June 12, 2007

In Other Words

"Faith never knows where it is being led, but it loves and knows the One who is leading." ~Oswald Chambers~

I wasn't sure which part of this quote hit me more - the part before the comma or the part after. I am taken with the part that says "knows the One". Those three words come with intimacy and sacrifice attached to them. The provide a solid base for placing my faith in Him - the One!

"Righteous will live by faith" Habakkuk 2:4

The Bible is pretty clear about those who live by faith and those who have little faith. Long ago when the Lord moved my heart to ministry, one of the things I said to the Lord was - Wherever. Wherever He sent me I would go. Wherever the wind blew my sail, I would pick up and be there. Some times I knew the next step...other times I didn't, but one thing is for sure, I never knew the end destination of that season or journey. I pressed on each time and with each task.

In my current situation, I know there is an end point of this season of working full time. There is a final date in my head and will be out in the open very soon. Then our season will change and our sails will head in a new direction...I don't know where it will lead and lots of waves may come, but I must remember to draw close to Him during this time - the author and perfector of my Faith! Had the Lord given me the whole picture and showed me that this is what my life would be filled with right now, I would have balked at the opportunity! I am learning to be thankful in the unseen and allowing Him to breathe life into my sail. Set the course, Oh Lord, I am waiting...

For more "In Other Words", visit Iris at Sting My Heart - our gracious host today.

Have a blessed day!

Karen

12 comments:

Miriam Pauline said...

Great post! Praying for you as you wait for Him to re-set this sail. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

I grew up in the military and spent 14-years on active duty myself. Wherever... comes as natural as breathing.

I am still working on whatever ~ I enjoyed reading your thoughts on "knows the One."

Aunt Angie said...

What a BLESSING your post was to my heart this morning!
I loved it! I am thankful that I know the One and the One never leaves my side!

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Dear Karen,

Thanks for sharing and I will keep you in my prayers this week. I love your blog and post. I will be back for more visits. May the Lord bless you this week and always.

In his endless love,

Angel ():)

Denise said...

Such a wonderful post, bless you.

Anonymous said...

Then our season will change and our sails will head in a new direction...I don't know where it will lead and lots of waves may come, but I must remember to draw close to Him during this time - the author and perfector of my Faith!

Oh, so well said and right to the heart. THank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Well-written post :-) The quote brought to mind the image of a toddler following a parent, hands entwined.

Hugs to you as this week unfolds!

eph2810 said...

I have sometimes been intimidated by my own courage, but than I knew that the courage didn't come from me, but His promise to be there for me.
I think it is so neat that you might be changing directions regarding your full-time job. I wish I could say the same :)
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on this week's IOW quote.

Be blessed today and always.

Faerylandmom said...

Excellent post! I hope that when my time of testing comes, that I can stand the way you, and all the other IOW ladies, have stood.

JHS said...

Very eloquent and inspiring. Thanks for sharing that.

Anonymous said...

Karen I loved reading your post because it is a mirror of the season I am in. I know there's a point to waiting, and I feel like God is preparing me for something... what? I don't know, but I'm trying to learn what God wants me to in this time. And true, if He had shown me everything when I first started asking, I might "balk" as well... but He reveals bits and pieces in His time :)

Love you!!
Rebecca

Linda said...

It is evident that your heart is trusting in Him and yielded to His direction in your life. We can't always know what or where, but because we know Who, we can be at peace. It is exciting to see what the Lord will do.