Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thankful Thursday


Thank you Lord, how could I ask for more? - Cyndi Morgan song
GOOOOD Thursday Morning!! It's time to reflect, to look ahead, but most importantly be Thankful!

I have made it seven days! Last Thursday Jeremy left for his mission trip to Africa. He is well. I am well. Boo is well. WE MADE IT!

I am just now sleeping better. Took seven days, but I am falling asleep faster and having better rest. I still don't like it when Jeremy is gone. I moved to his side of the bed the other night...hm, maybe that's why I am sleeping better.

TWO MORE DAYS! I am thankful that in two days we leave for FLORIDA! I can't wait to see my dad, Boo's Papaw, and I can't tell who is more excited - Boo or Papaw.

I am thankful for doctors. I believe the Lord can lead you to them and I needed to hear the words I have heard the past few days. I need to make some changes...I have known that, but with blood pressure 140/100, it's more than just stress. Please pray as I gather my thoughts on which avenue to take.

I am thankful for friends, who despite the way I look or feel, they are there. I know that no matter what avenue the Lord has us down, they will be my support system. Thanks to all the people who have hosted me in their home or out to dinner with me in the past week - it has meant the world to me.

May you be blessed this week! For more Thankful Thursday, visit Iris at Sting My Heart!

In Him-

Karen

17 comments:

Alycia said...

I am so happy to hear your husband is doing well and that you and your sweet little one are well too!! I pray that your health improves as well. Thank you for sharing your TT list with us. Blessings to you!!!

Denise said...

What a precious thankful list dear one. I am praying for your blood pressure to get under control.

Patty said...

I loved reading your list! May God lower your BP and I am glad your husband is doing well and I pray that God will bless you with safe travel as you head off to Florida. Have a great and fun and relaxing time!!

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Dear Karen,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful post to me it really uplifted me and I appreciate it. Thank you for sharing your blessings. May the Lord Bless you this week and always. I will continue to visit. May I link to your blog? It makes it easier to visit and recommend.

Thank you again.

Blessings and Smiles,

Angel ():)

Susanne said...

I love that song!! My sister sang it at her baccaulareate service when she graduated high school, and it brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it. Glad to hear that your hubby is doing well, and that you are being well taken care of in his absence. Have a great time in Florida!!!

Crystal said...

What a great list of thankfuls...I pray that you will find a solution to your blood pressure problem...Thanks for sharing!
Blessings

Lyndy said...

Thanks for sharing your sweet and thankful heart...wonderful list. Praying you have a wonderful time on vacation.

Blessings to you today!

Lyndy

Deena Peterson said...

So glad you are able to get some sleep! I know how it is...I struggle when my hubby goes off to PK, but Ithink of all there is to share when he returns!!

Robin said...

I hope your blood pressure goes down soon. My husband is going to Argentina in January for 2 1/2 weeks and I am dreading it too. I never sleep well when he is gone. But I am happy he and our daughter get to go.
Blessings on you!

Believer said...

Sleeping on your husband's side of the bed sounds like the right idea. Thanks for sharing and traveling mercies to Florida!

Heavenly Voice

Anonymous said...

safe travels

praying for your health

By the grace of God ... said...

Thanks for sharing -- glad you are feeling better. Enjoy your time with family!!!

Linda said...

I know just how you've been feeling. I never sleep very well when my husband is away. I'm glad you're doing better and all is well.
Enjoy you time in Forida, and I pray you'll be able to get your blood pressure under control very quickly.

Anonymous said...

Karen,

So glad you are doing better. My husband travels five ays a week. I KNOW how you feel. Praying God's peace upon you.

eph2810 said...

How wonderful that your husband made is safely to Africa. I am with you though. If my husband was out of town, I could never sleep well. I am glad that you are starting to adjust. I am sure you are looking forward to the days in Florida.
How neat that you are having friends that are taking care of you will your husband is on the mission.
Thank you so much for sharing your thankfulness with us this week.
Be blessed today and always.

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Praying for you and your blood pressure!
I was just thinking of you and wondering how you were doing with Jeremy gone. Enjoy your trip to Florida! How much fun!

:)

Gretchen said...

Lord, please give her safe travels, and a clear vision regarding her health. Thank you, Lord for Karen. In Jesus' name, amen.