Saturday, September 22, 2007

Lacking in Thought

Is it possible that I have become lacking in thought process, enough to not write for a week??? Or, my gracious, have we been that busy?! I caught up on so many peoples blogs last night and am still catching up. It has been a long, slow week, one filled with lots of discipline. We are still very much trying to learn how to use our ears around here...and yes, I am referring to the little angel in our house, who has recently chosen to not listen and obey. It's okay. We are okay, and we are learning...nothing wrong with that. It's just a tad frustrating. God is prevailing, I am joyful to say.

This would be a good time to plug the Pink Lids on the Yoplait yogurt cups for the next 5-6 weeks in honor of Breast Cancer month; because, let's face it, EVERY LID MATTERS. I made a pink box to stick at our preschool desk for all of us to participate in. We have one teacher battling it right now and another battled it a few years ago. It reminds me so much of Marla and that's why I chose to spearhead the campaign this year for the pink lids. She lost her battle earlier this year, leaving behind a sweet husband and two incredible boys. She served her last few years in the church's preschool and I felt like her service had come full circle. Eat up the yogurt, for the ones we have lost and the ones behind yet to be diagnosed yet.

One more week of September and then it's officially the Fall/Holiday season. I was just telling my kids yesterday at school what a busy October we have. It's picture day, Pumpkin Patch, Fall Festival, oh my. It's gonna be awesome!

Whew...maybe I wasn't lacking in thought...
My boys are gone to breakfast though, so I need to get some small cleaning tasks done before they return...

In Love,
Karen :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't eat yougart, but I do my part buy purchasing the water with the pink Breast Cancer logos and Salsa that has the pink Breast Cancer lid. My aunt is going through Chemo right now as a precautionary measure after having the breast cancer removed. Her cousin found out just recently that she has breast cancer in both breasts and its in her lymph nodes! If you could spare a prayer or to, I'd appreciate them for my Aunt Jan and her cousin Patty.

Unknown said...

The lids area great idea!!

YOu have such a happy blog!

Misty said...

i suspect we all hit "don't know what to post" moments, from time to time...
I love everything that people do to highlight and support Breast Cancer awareness!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I am on my way out to shop for school picture clothes this very minute...Once October hits it is non-stop until after the holidays...

ugghh..:)

Lisa