Tuesday, January 30, 2007

In Other Words...Satan's lies



"Satan's ultimate lie is that you are capable of being the god of your own life, and his ultimate bondage is getting you to live as though his lie in the truth."
~Neil Anderson~


Ultimate bondage. Wow. That struck me hard. We all know that no one wants to live in bondage, but looking at this statement makes me realize that you can think you are living and yet be in complete bondage. So...how do we set ourselves free? By not making ourselves God! Sounds simple, huh?

I have a favorite verse..."I am the LORD, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another, nor My praise to graven images." Isaiah 42:8

That pretty much sums it up for me! :) Anything that I give glory to that is not the Lord is a graven image. When I give glory to Karen, you know, because I deserve it or I need it, that's a graven image. When I give glory to my husband, or to my son, or to anyone, or to my bank account, or to my car, or to my office...all graven images and all cause me to be in bondage. This is a constant state of checking myself to make sure I am focusing my praise and acknowledgment in the right direction.

Lord, I pray that you would make our souls sensitive to your Word, to your Truth, to YOU. Help us learn to hold everything up against your Word...when it doesn't line up, we come to the crossroads and may you be the One guiding our steps. may we serve your FREELY!

In Christ-

Karen

Tags:

7 comments:

Denise said...

I enjoyed your post, sweet blessings to you always.

Amydeanne said...

love the verse! I was trying to remember where that was!!!

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

I love that verse! I enjoyed your post, thank you for sharing.

Blessings~

Oh, and I feel your pain in the potty training. I remember those days well!

Delete said...

I like what you said about needing to continually check ourselves. It is so true. It remind me to regularly read my Bible to be sure that what I am thinking or doing is in accordance with God's will.

Thank you for your words-

Jennifer

Janis Rodgers said...

"This is a constant state of checking myself to make sure I am focusing my praise and acknowledgment in the right direction."
That is what it is all about, isn't it? Thanks for sharing! Blessings!

Becky said...

" a constant state of checking myself". Wow. We all need to do that. Thanks for the reminder.

Darlene Schacht said...

I love that verse. I was wondering just the other day where it was in scripture.