Sunday, June 11, 2006

My FIRST Ambulance Ride...

Now, doesn't that title just make you jump out of your seat? GOOD!
Just so we are clear, the ambulance ride was real. It was for ME...not for David. So, no worries, okay. The boy is fine. Jeremy is fine. And I am now fine. :)
We decided to attend the Super Regionals Baseball Game at Georgia Tech on Saturday at 1 PM. It was overly hot out and at the top of the third inning, I got dizzy and almost passed out (hearing loss, sweating profusely, afraid to move...yeah, ALL THAT!) A nice cop found Jeremy, the paramedics came and took me downstairs to the Visitors Locker Room. Three other people can in with the same symptons as me...I was in bad shape. Low blood sugar, low blood pressure, dry heaving...debating the ER trip, but after a few minutes, decided I should go. To make a long story a little shorter, Crawford Long is a nice hospital, and if you are ever in the area, I would highly recommend it. :) 5 HOURS later, they discharged me and I was fine. I had a nice bag of fluids, gave some blood and "other" things and all is right with the world...plus, did I mention GEORGIA TECH is going to the COLLEGE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!! WHOOP! Um, yes, I was the girl who asked the score during my brief Ambulance ride and hospital stay. By the way, when you get assigned at Crawford Long to a room that starts with an H, that means Hallway. So, I was in H-4; Hallway 4. They have to look at me everytime they walk by, which is good. I got to see three dramas take place (which only made my stay longer) and I even got to watch them vent someone, which involved them doing CPR on him too. Yeah, it was pretty event-filled, but not for me. If you know me, then you know my hospital stays are not brief and not normally un-eventful for me, but this one was, depsite the fact that I came by Ambulance.
Whew, so that was the weekend. David was with grandma and not with us, so that was a good thing.
I want to say that God does take drastic measures to draw you closer to Him, and to get your attention. If you are my three closest friends with the initials (J, M, and B) then you each understand that last statement. God is doing that now to some of you. You are not alone. God is using His measures and means to tell you something. Oh. Please. Listen.
I will write more tomorrow...
In Him-

Karen

Tags: , , ,

3 comments:

Josh said...

Sounds like quite an adventure. I hate hospitals. Maybe 'cause my mom's a nurse.

Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) said...

I am very glad to hear you're okay. That is so funny that you asked the score while in the ambulance!

Yes, God does seem to use drastic measures doesn't He? Sigh... I really don't like it though...

Talk soon
Susan

kdoll aka *~Puzzle~* said...

Wow that was an adventurous experience. Glad you're better now. My thirteen up if you're interested.