Thursday, June 08, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #5

Thirteen Favorite Songs for Worship:

1... Majesty by Chris Tomlin ("Forever I am changed by your love...in the presence of Your majesty" That's how I picked the name for this blog. See this post for more explanation.)

2... When I Think About the Lord by Starla Harbin "When I think about the Lord...how He saved me, how He raised me, how He filled me with the Holy Ghost, how He healed me to the utter most...When I think about the Lord, how He picked me up and turned me around, how He placed my feet on solid ground....it makes me wanna shout, Hallelujah! Thank you Jesus!..."

3... Blessed be the Name by Chris Tomlin "You give and take away."

4... This is My Destiny by Dennis Jernigan This is a great song about all the great things God thinks about me and what He does for me.

5... My Savior, My God by Aaron Shust "My Savior loves, My Savior lives, My Savior's always there for me, My God He was, My God He is, My God He's always gonna be!"

6... We Delight by Caedmon's Call "We delight in the Law of Your Word"

7... Lifesong by Casting Crowns "Let my Lifesong sing to You"

8... Praise You in This Storm by Casting Crowns "I will praise you in this storm" See this post for the full chorus.

9... Beautiful One by By the Tree "Beautiful One I love, Beautiful One I adore...."

10.... I Am by Mark Schultz "I AM, the fount of living water, the risen Son of Man, the Healer of the broker, and when you cry, I AM."

11... I Have Been There by Mark Schultz "I have been there, I have overcame the cross and I have been there..."

12... I See Love by Steven Curtis Chapman, Casting Crowns, Third Day. See this post for the full song.

13... It is Well with My Soul words by Horatio Spafford, music by Philip Bliss. One of my all time favorite hymns.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


15 comments:

Lazy Daisy said...

All great songs...It is well with my soul has always been one of my favorite songs too. Thanks for coming by.

Lisa said...

I don't know any of these songs but just from the titles, they seem very positive and spiritual. :)

Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Lisa

Anonymous said...

Never heard a one of 'em! But then, I'm just a heathen LOL! My 13's up :-)

Anonymous said...

OH Wow! Beautiful, beautiful T13! Will bookmark your blog and visit again! Thank you for this one! My fav is Majesty!

YellowRose said...

Very good list, Lifesong is one of my favs!!

Happy Thursday, my TT is up!

Anonymous said...

such beautiful songs, always as an inspiration and motivator and spiritual.

Happy Thursday, mine is up.

Wystful1 said...

Beautiful list this week as usual. Lovely songs.

Come by and pick up any or all of my T 13 banners-headers!!

Carmen said...

Blessed be the Name is one of my favorites too!

Anonymous said...

I don't know any of these. But, I do like to listen to Gospel music.

Thanks for coming by.

Just Nancy said...

I love #3. I sing #5, #7 and #9 out loud when they come on the radio. I listen to the local Christian station when I'm sewing.

When I went to my Mom's for my Gramma's funeral, that Sunday in her church, a quartet sang It is Well, but before they did, one of the members told the story of the song and when he finished the two women in the group just looked at him and said, wiping tears, "You expect us to sing now???"

Thanks for visiting my TT.

Pixie said...

Love each & every one of those & will sing them as loud as I can! :-)

Unknown said...

I love blessed Be The Name.....in fact all of Chris Tomlin's stuff is great!

Froggie said...

Great List! :) I'm not familiar with those songs... but they sound like wonderful songs.

Thanks for coming by.

kdoll aka *~Puzzle~* said...

That is a good list of worship songs. Mark Schultz has nice songs. Thanks for visiting my blog. In australia for a license you can get your learner license at 16 and 6 months. This allows you to drive with someone on their open license to teach you. You have to have your learner license for 6 months before you can do your driving exam for your license. It's very expensive over here and most people are guaranteed to fail at least once. But I'm praying that God helps me to get it the first time. God Bless you!