Friday, June 16, 2006

This week...

This past Sunday, if you would have asked, I probably would have told you that it would be the same old week, same kind of work, but it would be good, since Father's Day is this weekend and knowing us, we would celebrate all weekend. Well, Monday was looking good, but by Tuesday morning, the week would take a turn that I would not forget.
Without giving out too much information, and jeopardizing myself or anyone else, I will try and give you a short account of what happened.
When a co-worker of mine got to work on Tuesday morning, she found our office in a very distrubed way. Our other co-worker's car was there, but she was no where to be found. When I got there, I got a brief synopsis and the first co-worker left for the hospital, since they located the co-worker there. Over the next hours of the day, a lot of details would be found out, but so many would not be placed together. Our bosses (husband and wife) returned the next day and the wife gave us more information that she had found out from the co-worker and her mother. She did not reveal too much information, since as the co-worker's employer, she is bound, but it did help the rest of us put some pieces together. By Friday, much more information had come to light, but only our co-worker, who was taken to the hospital, and will now be on an indefinate leave of absence knows what really occured there.
It's a sad situation and every one has their speculations and what not. My boss and his wife are tied, since they can't/don't want to reveal too much information as employers. This puts us a man down in the office, with enough work for more people than we have. It's been a tough week. It's been an emotional roller coaster. It's been hard not to think every minute of my day about it.
We were able to leave at lunch today and I have managed to not think about it, aside from re-telling some of it here. I am praying the weekend will prove to be restful in the Lord and trusting Him to get me and this office through this time. Pray for us as often as you think about it.
I will let you know how it goes over the next few weeks.
Much love-
Karen

No comments: