Tuesday, July 11, 2006

In "Other" Words

Christian Women Online has found another way to encourage and inspire! Each Friday, a quote will be posted and we can write about what the quote says to us. It's a way to jot down thoughts and examine our lives a little more. Join me as we dive into In "Other" Words.

"Once in a while you have to take a break and visit yourself." - Audrey Giorgi
Ms. Audrey must of had children...ya think? I didn't nearly need to visit myself as much when I was married with no kids, but now I feel it's an absolute necessity at times. I feel that many thoughts could arise out of this statement, but the few that rise out for me are this...
I like being alone sometimes; not often, but there are needed times of re-grouping myself. I am not refering to quiet times with the Lord...although I may appear to be alone in a room when I am having a quiet time, that is not the case...the Lord is there! He is there when I am re-grouping too, but in a different sense.
In other words...we are never alone or apart from Him. I couldn't run fast enough or far enough out of his view, even if I tried. And, oh how I have tried sometimes! :) When I am "visiting myself" I am normally doing something. That might be contradictory to what Ms. Audrey was speaking about, but that is the case for me. I love scrapbooking, but I normally do it in waves. That's a time of visiting myself. I reminisce over the pictures, I think of the day it happened, the event, the people and it's normally fairly quiet. I visit myself when I am reading. I visit myself when I am cooking. I visit myself when I am working out. All of these things I am doing something that I enjoy doing, and that's how I visit myself.
I also think it's important to connect with other women. I have posted before about having good girl friends...you know, the ones you call when you are up to your eyeballs in formula and diapers and don't know how to get out of it. When I am spending time with my girlfriends, I find I am refreshed and renewed by enjoying their company, their stories, their attitudes on life. My husband and my son notice when I have had some good girl time; the same way they notice my time with the Lord.
In Him-
Karen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sure does give us refreshment to get away. I love it when I am away and come home and the kids act like I've been gone for days, and missed me so much. :) I enjoyed writing for this and reading the many great thoughts on this quote.

Amydeanne said...

I love how you started this off! I think she must have had a few kids! lol

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your contribution!!! Sometimes I feel that only those with kids can understand...and I actually hated when people said this to me when I had no kids!

Darlene Schacht said...

I love to connect with other women too. One of the greatest things is when you meet someone that clicks with you on so many levels.