Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Thursday Thirteen # 10

Graphic courtesy of Kelly - Diary of the Nello
Thirteen Movies I could watch over and over...and why
  1. Field of Dreams - Kevin Costner, but more importantly the story. My dad's dad played baseball, so it's a sentimental movie for our family. The daughter's name is Karen in the movie...
  2. Bourne Identity/Supremacy - Matt Damon plays an awesome role and I have loved both of the movies...I think we should expect a third.
  3. Spy Game - Now, who couldn't love some Robert Redford and Brad Pitt...the ultimate CIA/spy movie...so good!!! If you haven't seen it, I highly recomment it.
  4. Monster, Inc.- The Boo Bear hasn't seen it yet, although I am sure he'll like it. John Goodman and Billy Crystal were great as the voices of Sully and Mike Wazowski. It's just a cute movie.
  5. Lord of the Rings - I admit I partly could watch it over and over to understand it, but when the hubby is watching too, I just ask questions. It's long, but it's so good!
  6. Star Wars - Any of them! I grew up on those movies, so the three they released in the last few years have been awesome to put the story all together.
  7. Saving Private Ryan - I know...I know...the first 30 minutes could make anyone hurl, but it's just a very inspirational movie! If you can handle the gore of the fighting, then you should see it.
  8. Catch Me if you Can - A true story nonetheless. Leonardo di Caprio and Tom Hanks played opposite roles together like pros. I just couldn't believe it was true that the guy swindled millions as a late teen!
  9. Die Hard - Oh I am a big Die Hard fan...I have begged for the trio set for years now...I stopped asking last year, since no one took the hint. I just like Bruce Willis in these movies and the action adventure.
  10. Pretty Woman - My husband loves to joke that everytime this is on TBS or TNT, I find out and for three days it's what I watch. He's partially right...I like Julia and Richard!
  11. Anna and the King - The story of the King of Siam (played by Chow Yun-Fat) and widowed British schoolteacher (Jodie Foster). Beautiful story! Jodie Foster has played lots of roles, but this one is different.
  12. Erin Brokovich - Also a true story...watching Julia Roberts play Erin was incredible. I thought she did a fabulous job and deserved her Oscar for it. Since we are on it, I'll say that Ocean's 11/12 and Mona Lisa Smiles are all great too...I like Julia!! :) She is a native Georgian, ya know.
  13. Chronicles of Narnia - We got to see this on Christmas night and I loved it. My husband read the books, but I haven't...now that I saw the movie, it makes me want to read the books.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

20 comments:

Gina said...

Great movie list. I think there were 2 on there I haven't seen though...I'll have to go check them out! Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Great list, I love Borurne Identity and Spy Game!!!

Maribeth said...

Aren't movies just great?

Anonymous said...

I love alot of those movies- I'm into the Bourne movies all of the sudden too, he's such a cutie!

Just Nancy said...

I haven't seen all of these, but I love Die Hard! I watch it every time I find it on TV! I also love the LOTR trilogy. Great flicks!

Thanks for visiting my TT!

Junie B said...

definitely a great movie list!

Pretty Woman...what a movie!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I've seen almost all of those movies and loved them.

p.s. thanks for stopping by my TT, my hubby is also 1 of 5 but yes... 4 is enough for me!!

Sherri said...

Wow...there are a few on there that I haven't seen...so I'll have to take them as recommendation! I have seen Narnia recently and LOVED it!!

Thanks for stopping by my TT with your encouragement and prayers:)

Knitting Maniac said...

Other than Bourne Identity, I agree with ALL of those!

Great list!

My TT is up, too.

Carmen said...

i'm a big fan of the original star wars. :)

Anonymous said...

Great list! I love Monsters Inc. Very cute movie.

Juggling Mother said...

I like movie lists for TT's - it's a different way of finding out about people:-)

i like a fair few of those too, and there's a couple I haven't seen yet, but really want to. I can't stand Pretty Woman though, JR dpoesn't do it for me & I think the plot is both thin & immoral - not that I mind immoral per se, but immoral dressed up as a fairy tale I'm not keen on.

OK rant over....:-)

my TT is up

Dane Bramage said...

Good list. I haven't seen them all, I don't get out much. There is always DVD! My massive T13 is up.

Mama Duck said...

Great list, I need to see some of those still! Happy TT, mine's up ;).

Anonymous said...

I did movies this week too. Mine is a wish list. I love most of the ones you listed!

Southern Girl said...

Great list! I think I've seen most of them, and several, like Star Wars and the LOTR trilogy are on MY list of movies to watch over and over again.

Good to find another Christian and fellow Baptist in the blog world. :)

Margaret said...

lol, it took me a few times to understand Lord of the Rings too. Narnia - the books are great, but you may also enjoy the other books that Lewis has written. He was a wonderful Christian writer. -Margie

Raggedy said...

Woooooohooooo!
You posted movies I have seen.
I liked Field of Dreams, Saving Private Ryan, Preety Woman, and Erin. My kids liked the other ones you mentione...
Good list..
My TT is up

armywife said...

i agree with every one of those except savings private ryan. don't get me wrong, it was a great movie, i just don't have the emotional stability for war movies. maybe someday when the current war is over.

i've also posted 13 at
http://blog.myspace.com/christengarland

Natalie said...

The Bourne movies are based on a great series of books.. and there's a third. BTW, the movies are good, but the books are so much better!

I have enjoyed many of the movies on your list... good memories. :)