Monday, July 31, 2006

Birthday Month

IT'S AUGUST!!!! Which means...it's BIRTHDAY MONTH!
I am so convinced that my birthday is so special it should be deemed a holiday. Not so much for the rest of the world, but it should be my holiday...I should not have to work on my birthday and I praise some former places I worked at by giving you birthday hours - a half day for your birthday. So, you could tack on 4 hours of vacation and have the whole day, or just take the half day...whatever you choose, because why? IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
For those of you who have been on my birthday emails for the many years, you will know we add new people to the birthday list every year, but that's not really the important thing of this year. This year, marks the 30th Birthday of my Husband! Woo Hoo! I pray that he gets and does all he wants for his birthday. Without further ado...it's on to the birthday list.
The following people will be accepting emails, cards, letters, cash and gifts beginning today and running through the end of the month. This should give you slackers out there much time to get prepared and get it in the mail. I am sort of referring to myself, since I still haven't sent my dad's birthday card! Get with it Karen!!
  • Mandy - Her blog is Mickey's Wife and she needs traffic and visitors, so get on over there and wish her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY, just a few days early. Her birthday is this weekend! She hasn't updated her blog in a few weeks, so this would be a good time to tell her to do so. hee hee I have known Mandy for SEVEN years!!! Right? Seven years?
  • Papa and Maegan - If you don't know, this is not only me and Jeremy's birthdays, but we celebrate with three other family members as well. My father-in-law and my niece celebrate next week, and my niece gets the special privelege of having her birthday on her Papa's birthday!
  • JULIA - I completely forgot about Julia, not because I don't love that sweet little thing, but I don't see her as often as I used to, so she slipped my mind...however, she is back now and this year she not only turns the big 2, but she is now a big sister! I pray she is doing delightful in that new role of hers and turning 2, hopefully won't make her terrible! Sorry Joy! :)
  • After that, it's my sister-in-law Laura - When we are together, we get mistaken for sisters and I always just say that we are. :) She is deep in her faith and walks a genuine walk with our Lord. I admire her for all the things that she does.
  • Drum Roll Please....Jeremy! I wouldn't say he is all that excited about turning 30, but he is handling it well. :) Jeremy has done alot in his 30 years and I look forward to walking next to him to see what the Lord does in the next 30 and beyond. He will have a birthday weekend filled with all the things good.
  • My dear friend, Michelle, is next. Her birthday is the day after Jeremy's and she has only been on the birthday list, for what, maybe this is the third year? I think that's right... She is the proud mama of twin girls and she will deliver her third baby in October...actually, maybe September if she is lucky. :) She is a fun girl who deserves lots of fun days!
  • Derik - I didn't forget about Derik, although I never talk to him anymore. :) He is busy planting a church in Little Five Points. He and Jeremy went to seminary at the same time and he lived across the parking lot from us. He then ventured to Amsterdam for two years and now he's back living in the area and like I said, planting a church.
  • ME!!!!!!!!!! Then comes me!!! I don't mind telling you that I am NOT turning 30 this year....that's next year!!! I love birthdays; can't you tell? Maybe it's because I am an only child, and birthdays are supposed to be special! I just have always loved having a birthday...maybe because it's the best excuse to have a party! Birthdays are meant to be spectacular and shared with the most treasured people in your life. I have already told Jeremy I want a party next year, okay?
  • Lauren and Katherine - These are Michelle's twins! They will be 2 this year! I can't wait for their little party.
  • Kim - Kim is a dear friend of mine and hers is the last birthday of the month. She is Kendall's momma and is also expecting her second baby next year. Yippie! Kendall is one of David's girlfriends...

So, that concludes the birthday list. I hope you all enjoy your birthdays and the Lord gives you your deepest desires as you celebrate the day you were born. May you enjoy it with your most treasured people in your life. Happy Birthday!

In His Love-

Karen

Tags: , ,

No comments: