Thursday, April 27, 2006

Two years ago today...

I looked like this...

I was more than ready to have David! I was 41w2d...it seemed like eternity. This was taken about a minute before I walked in to the OR.
At 1:01 PM, we got this...

David Jeremiah Greer, 9 lbs, 8 ounces! He came with a head full of hair and a big cry! He was ours and the Lord made him perfectly.
Here we are...the new Greer family!

David was just a few days old and already had such bright eyes and sweetness to him. He ate good and loves mommy and daddy. He has a fussy time each night, but nothing we couldn't handle. David started smiling with a big open mouth in July of 2004. July was a big month for us as we took our first big trip to FL. He did awesome! David also took in his first Braves game in July of 04. He did pretty well and even managed to sleep through two innings. We went to the museum to see his "Pepa" and we hope David will enjoy many Braves games in his life. September of that year we drove to Louisville and Chicago (are we crazy?) with our little 5 month old and he rode in his first big boy carseat. He again did great and poved to be our little traveler. We took in a Cubs game (that makes two stadiums for David) and although it was loud, we managed to stay 7 innings! The holidays were a joy, with David just trying to crawl. He managed to do it around the 9 month mark and his first birthday proved to be just as much fun. There were lots of kids there to see him dive into his cake, although, he surprised us all when all he did was touch it gently. :)

The last year has been filled with so many new things. David walked across the room for the first time on July 1, 2005. He was 14 months old. In August, we moved to Suwanee and we got settled at a new church where Jeremy started at. It was awesome. David embraced the new preschool and his teachers. He started a Mother's Day Out program and flourished there! He began talking more and more and now, he talks my ear off! I love it. In December the Lord lead us for me to return to work and opened up the most fabulous place for me. He also opened up a place for David to be full-time at a church preschool on the way to my office...thank you Lord. He began to learn even more stuff and the last four months he has blown me away with his sentences, manners, and funny statements. I am so blessed to be this kid's momma! He is amazing, fun, sweet, and oh yeah, he is a boy and he's two...need I say more?
I look forward to what the next year holds for our family and I pray that the Lord would continue to give me and Jeremy the strength, the words and the attitude to continuously draw our little one to the Lord.
Happy 2nd Birthday, David! Mommy loves you!

1 comment:

Darlene Schacht said...

He's got a lot of hair. Too cute.